Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Update from William

William wrote this letter from the hospital and asked me to mail it for him. At the visit today I spoke to the doctor and they said he might get out in a day or two. We can't wait to have him back home. 

Hannah



Dear praying friends,

Let me say firstly, The Lord is good, always has been, always will be, especially to me.  He treats me very well, in fact it seems I'm spoiled by his goodness.

I'm writing this from a cafe near to the hospital where I'm staying.  This is the first day I've been out of my room.  I was admitted Friday evening, after our doctor concluded I had pneumonia.  I thought at first, that I had merely contracted a strain of flu going around.  Wednesday morning I awoke feeling 'achy'; Thursday morning, still achy, I felt slightly feverish, but, thought this would be the worst.  Friday morning I awoke early, cleaned up, and felt well enough to take Hannah to her Dr.'s appt. in Shumen.  As the morning progressed, I began to wear down, and thought, that while we were here I may as well have the Dr. check me out too.  I wasn't expecting the diagnosis.  But, having accepted it, I resigned myself to whatever the Lord had for me.  Friday afternoon, we returned to Dabravino (a little over an hour away) collected what I'd need for my stay, and then made our way back to the hospital via Zlatna Niva to pick up Zach to help us with admitting and driving arrangements.  I was admitted that night with a 103.5 temp, a little sore and weak, but contented in the Lord.  I can honestly say that I've enjoyed the peace of God during this whole experience.  I don't feel well, still at the writing of this, (I have a port in my left arm through which they administer meds once or twice a day), but I know who is with me, and have been blessed with his fellowship.  Thank you all very much for your prayers.  Please keep Hannah and the boys in your prayers.  And pray for this work.  I have confidence in the Lord concerning anything I might go through here.  But let's pray the Lord blesses this work, and makes the days and years to come, the best yet.  It seems that everything the Lord commences, he concludes better.  It is my prayer, that this work, that He so obviously began, He will, even now, bless exceeding abundantly above anything He has done previously, and show us all again, that, He is God and beside him there is none else.

Pray for us, the Lord knows our needs.  You're in my prayers, daily.  God bless you.  

William 

No comments:

Post a Comment