Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Re: June Prayer Letter



"Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done,
and thy thoughts which are to us–ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee:
if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered." Psalm 40:5

Our praying friends and family in the Lord,

Greetings. I trust this letter finds you all well, strong in faith, giving glory to God. All the churches I attend here send their greetings. I have been driving Bro. Hasan, accompanying him to his meetings, since shortly after arriving here. We go to nine meetings a week. In all the time I've been here, there hasn't failed a service that I haven't heard someone, either in prayer or testimony, thank God for the American believers. They are always conscious of the love you all have shown them, in the sending of missionaries, and your sacrificial giving to help meet their needs. Bro. Hasan prays fervently, every service, for the American pastors, that God would bless you all and empower you to preach the gospel. Please pray for these men, as they do for you.

Testimonies. The believers in Kamarevo, though desperately poor, are nevertheless rich in joy. This is one of the happiest meetings I attend, and I look forward to it every Saturday. They sing louder, longer, and with more enthusiasm than churches double their number. Recently, during the service, an elderly sister exhorted the crowd never to be afraid to testify. "Don't be fearful. You should always stand and thank God for something!" That's pretty good advice. And she's a good example, happily testifying every service. Last week, in the village of Sadavo, a family called for us to come and pray for the man of the house, who was very sick. We sang a few hymns, and then gathered round the man and prayed. Afterwards, Bro. Hasan told the man, "Now when you get better, come to the church and testify." Bro. Hasan's faith blessed me. He didn't tell the man, "Well, I hope you get better. I'm praying for you."; but stated as a matter of fact, "when you get better", and not as a natural course of events, as the man was evidently very sick, but as the supernatural result of prayer. I like that kind of faith. That's the kind of faith that saves a seat for you at the meeting, expecting you to show up and tell what God's done for you.

Praises. The Lord graciously supplies all we need. When my father-in-law left, he left us with the use of his van, ensuring I wouldn't be without transportation. But this was a temporary provision, as he wouldn't be away too long. Yet, before I had even left the States, the Lord had given me the assurance that he'd provide a vehicle. I even went out and picked up a little key-chain by faith. Well, this last week I was able to put in an order for a car of our own. The Lord does all things well, and we praise Him for it! At the same time I bought the key-chain, I purchased a welcome-mat too. I see that welcome-mat every day, and trust the same God who puts cars to key-chains will soon put a house to a welcome mat! I don't know how, but the 'knowing how' is not my business. I bless him for what was, is, and is to come. Speaking of which, Hannah and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary this month. We marvel at how far the Lord has brought us, all that He's done for us, and how exceeding abundantly He's blessed us in these few short years. Can you imagine, with a God this good, what the future holds for us?!

We love you all. Keep us in your prayers as we continue to study the language, that God might use us, in our limited capacity, to be a blessing. God bless you all.

Because of a living Saviour,

The William LeFevre Family

No comments:

Post a Comment