Thursday, April 21, 2011

April Prayer Letter


" And David the king came and sat before the LORD, and said, Who am I, O LORD God,

and what is mine house, that thou hast brought me hitherto?" 1 Chronicles 17:16


Our praying friends and family in the Lord,

Merhaba! Greetings from Dabravino, Bulgaria. God is very good to us: not only did we arrive safe and sound, and without incident, our bags arrived with us. We were assisted every step of our journey. Even at check in at the airport, when so much has the potential to go wrong, the Lord had a missionary mother working the counter, whose gracious help set the tone for our travels. Upon arriving in Varna, we were greeted at the airport by fellow missionaries and family members.Soon after our arrival we traveled to Sofia to meet with our attorney. We then traveled to Greece, to apply for our visas (they have to be applied for at a foreign Bulgarian embassy). The entire visa process is both costly and time consuming, but a necessity to remain and labor here. Once applied for, it can take up to (and sometimes exceed) three months to receive them. Please pray that there wont be any problem with the paperwork and the receiving of our visas.

We have spent the last several weeks getting adjusted to village life. The pace is much slower, but there is no shortage of activity. Already I've had the privilege of attending several church services in the surrounding villages. The people, though terribly poor, nevertheless count themselves rich that God would send them the gospel, and missionaries to preach it. I have been humbled numerous times over, as the poorest people I've seen express their love and gratitude for coming to be with them. Please make it a point to pray, that the Lord will help me with the language, that I may declare the wonderful works of God to these people. In addition, I've also been privileged to help distribute flour to many of the poor Turkish believers. What a blessing to be one of His 'disciples' distributing bread to the hungry multitudes!

A point or two to pray about: if you think about it, please pray as we begin our search for a vehicle. Gas is approaching eight dollars a gallon; the roads are in a horrible state of disrepair; and we need something that's both sturdy and economical. The Lord is able. Also, pray for us as we search for a dwelling of our own. Presently, we are staying at my father-in-law, Matthew Welch's, as they are on furlough in the States. Soon, though, we will have to have a place we can call home. Pray that the Lord will direct us where to settle, and provide the dwelling.

I can't tell you what a relief it is, what confidence it provides, knowing we have a God whose desire is toward us, who not only has all we need, but takes pleasure in providing it. What a blessing to say with the Psalmist, that the Lord has "brought me hitherto"! That acknowledges and implies three things: that the Lord did for me what I could not do on my own; and as it was He who brought me here, He will take care of me while here; finally, as He was able to see me thus far, I am assured He will see me all the way home.

Finally, let me say, we miss all of you. We're not alone, and not lonely, merely separated from those whom God has made dear to us. It is our desire to have the best of both worlds. If we could, we'd love and labor here by day, and come home to you all at night. Alas, God's work necessitates a separation, which makes Heaven all the sweeter. Thank God for the day when we'll never have to say 'Goodbye' again. Still, we're not very far apart, as the throne of grace is close at hand to us all; and as the song writer wrote, "though sundered far, by faith we meet around one common mercy seat!' Please pray for us. You all are in our prayers. We love you.

Because of a living Saviour,

The William LeFevre Family

PS - Our new field address is below


William LeFevre

PO BOX 627

Centralna Poshta

Varna 9000

BULGARIA



No comments:

Post a Comment